Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Delightfully Dolores! Mushroom Lane Winter Village!

Hello everyone! It's that time again, you guessed it! Another wonderful edition of Delightfully Dolores is here! Check out the FANTASTIC project she did this month. Take it away, Dolores!

***

Brrrrrrr!  Welcome to winter. This month I've done a Winter Village. The Mushroom Lane houses are as cute as they can be. Riley and Company has these Mushrooms as stamps and coloring books - two coloring books actually.




I had the coloring books a while before I received the stamps. So, I did the unthinkable and fussy cut these from my coloring books.  It does give me the opportunity to get two more and color them in all new colors.  The coloring was done with Copic markers, water color pencils and regular colored pencils. Some of the flowers had to be removed because it is a Winter Village after all.  After all the cutting was done, I attached an easel to the backs to help them stand. I used Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Small Easel die, which made it easy.  

There were about 20 Mushrooms standing on my dining room table. They were just so cute there all on their own, but I had to decide where to put them. Easier said than done.  Since I really couldn't decide on one spot, three places seemed good.  First, they went under my snowman Christmas tree. Another 10 could have been placed there.  









Next, they all moved up on the mantle (which is my favorite spot). I used some blocks under the "snow" to raise the ones in the back a bit.









Last, I put a few on the tree.  I really liked the look of that. If I had a smaller tree, I would fill it with white lights, snowflakes and each and every Mushroom Lane house!




I hope you will give this a try even if it's only two or three houses. They lend themselves well to glitter and bling as fancy as you would like. Put your favorite one right on your desk. It will make you smile.

Until next month, I wish you all a Very Happy New Year!

***

I can't get over how awesome this is! And all of that fussy cutting! Worth every minute if you ask me. What a great project Dolores! Be sure to check out all of the Mushroom Lane images HERE

Don't forget to follow Riley & CO on Facebook for even more inspiration!

Until next time,
Angji

2 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

WOW Dolores!! This is great!!

MiamiKel said...

This is absolutely mind boggling beautiful!! To see it IRL must be a vision!! You have a true master's crafters gift- BRAVO!!!!!!!!!