Monday, July 24, 2017

Designer Highlight: Angji Pruente

Hello Riley fans! It's time for another editon of Designer Highlight! This month the designer being featured is yours truly. So, take it away, me!

***



Hello everyone! This month it is my turn to be featured on the Riley & CO blog for the July edition of Designer Highlight.



For my project, I decided to make a Riley clock! I had a vague idea of what I wanted it to look like but nothing concrete. I even spent some time shopping around for blank clock bases to decorate and then smacked myself for buying something when I could MAKE it instead!

So, I grabbed some black medium weight chipboard from my stash and started scouring the house for a bowl big enough to make the largest circle possible. 


Once I had two bases cut out, I glued them together using scor-tape and wet adhesive. This bad boy isn't coming apart any time soon.

After I had my bases drying under some heavy books, I started making a clock template out of some "ugly" scrapbook paper. 


Once I had my circle cut out, I folded it into quarters and googled the angles between hours on a clock. The answer is 30 degrees. So, now I have a clock template. Also, be sure to cut the tip off of your folded up clock so you have a center point hole. 

(I tried to be fancy by folding my circle several times thinking that would get the correct angles and I wouldn't have to measure anything....wrong!)






Once I had my angles figured out, it was time to start decorating! Again, I still didn't have a theme picked out other than "It's 5 O'clock somewhere!" so when my best friend was over cropping she had the idea to make it beach themed. Score! Now I was off and running on a theme. Thanks Theresa!

With a theme in mind, I grabbed several Riley stamps and settled on Toasting Riley, Martini Riley, Floating Riley, Cheers Riley & It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

After several hours, much fussy cutting and clock mechanism assembly, I have a Riley clock! Isn't is great? I giggle everytime I look at it!

I am sending this clock to the Head Moose, Tanya soon. Maybe you will see it in the Riley booth in the near future! 






I hope you enjoyed my project. I had a blast making it and I think I will be making more clocks in the future. Winter is coming. :)

Before you go! Here are a few of my favorite projects that I made recently and wanted to share. Have a great week!













There you have it! Your July edition of Designer Highlight! Have a great week!

Angji









2 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

What a brilliant 5:00 clock LOL!!!!! 5:00 every single hour!!! Riley so rocks, and so do all of your creations ♥

sgc said...

Love it!!!